Sending an email to CIBells is simple, but you will need to request “access to post” first. This is available to any ringer on request. Please just email me at p (at) peterbevis.com.
All users registered to date (APRIL 2019) already have access to post.
Requiring you to access simply prevents the ever-present spam bots from posting porn and worse: Once you have access – say what you want to publish and email it to [email protected] Please remember that the world can then read it – so be considerate and accurate.
The email subject is used as your post’s title. The body is the post’s contents. A few minutes after receiving your email, you should receive a notification email informing you of the published post’s details.
Your email can be plain text or formatted. As much formatting as possible will be retained, although the Post by Email system will strip unnecessary HTML tags so that your email is displayed correctly. Note that you will need to use an email client that supports rich text or HTML formatting in order to make use of this feature. Most website based clients (Hotmail, Gmail) do support this, as do most desktop clients (Outlook, Mail). You may need to switch your client into rich text or formatted mode.
Agenda of Meeting, Sat Sept 18th 2021– St Pierre du Bois
CI District Accounts 2021
- Remembering members who have died – (Barrie Linnecor (13/3/2021) & Philip Maddocks (2/6/2021))
- Apologies for absence: Jersey (impossible scheduled travel options), W&P Guild master – Pete Jordan. Paul Lawrence, John Lihou, Tim Wainwright. & Logan Lord
- Notification of matters for AOB please bear in mind Jsy can’t get here
- Minutes of ADM 2020 – online at cibells.com. Matter arising
- New members (Richard Uzell ( St Anne’s & probationary))
- Treasurer’s report – online at cibells.com
- Ringing Master’s report
- Election of officers: any proposals for officers? Current officers are all willing to remain in post if that is the will of the meeting.
- Date and venue for Spring Meeting – Sat April 23rd 2022? Jersey or TC
- Competition piece for 8 bell – Grandsire triples PBPBPBPS x2
- Update on transfer of CI from W&P to SDG
- Defer decision on whether Ay youngsters now at college in Gsy can ring for 2 Island Teams in 8 bell competition due to Jsy absence
Due to the continuing pandemic and the resulting travel restrictions we have made the sad, but necessary decision to cancel the Spring Meeting and 8 Bell Striking Competition.
The Channel Islands Pirates will be taking part in competition in York July 4th:-)
27 teams have entered but the organisers have split them into method ringing and call changes teams so all 27 teams can enter (there had been the threat of a ballot if more than 24 teams entered)
We will be a method team, probably Bob Triples.
40 years ago Peter & I rang our first qtr peal. We rang it together, I had the treble as I could see it (but not hear it) & Peter rang the tenor as he could hear it but couldn’t see it:-(
We couldn’t let this anniversary slide by even though we were in Tulloch and half the band was away, so we resorted to handbells:
It was good fun:-)
The Alderney band – faced with the reality that Jersey will be unable to join us in Sept 2020 for the ADM if we retain the opportunity to host the meeting – surrender that option.
We are most anxious that any reference to ‘moving the venue to another island’ is couched in terms which reflect our surrendering the option is NOT because we don’t want to/can’t host it but because we want to give every island the best chance of attending.
This is to be considered a one-off surrendering, we fervently hope that present inter-island travel difficulties will not persist too far into the future.
The Alderney Band
Alderney young ringers – Aaron & Olo – enjoyed a tremendous weekend of ringing, zipwire, cinema and pizza on Jersey Nov 23/24th. Having an opportunity to ring on different bells & with other Young Ringers was a tremendously valuable experience. We were extremely grateful to Justin & Louise for all the arrangemnets and to them, Peter & Jo and Richard for accommodating us all. Helen & Aileen